My past goals and how I did on them

At the beginning of the year my three goals were to, improve my photo taking, understanding what photos catch the eye, and understanding what photos go well with photos for newspapers.

 

I believe that I have meet all three of my goals this term. I have improved my photo taking majorly, from the start of my first photo, to my last photo. Learning the better angles of photos so they don't just look plain, and normal.

That is also how I learned what caches peoples eye. Learning the different angles to take, like high, low, and medium shots. One of my best photos I took was, one of the pictures I took of the basketball class here at LBCC. I took a picture of a wide shot of some of the players in a drill. Instead of being at level with them like a boring photo. I went on my knees, and took a low shot of them. The picture turned out great because it was different, and it was at an angle people don't normally see.

I also have learned a ton of what photos go into newspapers. The photo is the biggest reason why people want to read a story. You want to have an attractive photo to go along with your story. However, you don't want a photo that looks like is giving away false information from what you are advertising. For example if you're taking pictures for McDonalds, and you're trying to advertise selling this new burger. You want to take pictures of people smiling, and look joyful while eating the burger. Not photos of people looking, generic or sad. Or having a face that says, "This burger isn't very good." That can get you fired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo story of Talen Kiekhoefer and his basketball team Triple Threat

Weston Basl; A Chip On His Shoulder

week 2 forum