Downtown Vancouver Washington



Vancouver Washington is my hometown. Vancouver Washington is right across the bridge from Portland Oregon, and downtown Portland is where many people go to on the weekends if you live in Vancouver. Downtown Vancouver isn't that popular of an area, and not that many people visit downtown Vancouver like they do Portland. However Downtown Vancouver has many beautiful building, statues, and a great scenery that many people don't know about. Downtown Vancouver also has some great food spots.



Probably the most famous event that happens in downtown Vancouver is the Saturday market. It is always located at Esther Short Park. Esther Short Park is one of the most famous parks in Vancouver.



This section at Esther Short Park is a small waterfall area that a ton of younger children enjoy playing in. Also, People will often toss coins in the water.





Even though the people that live in Vancouver have probably seen this statue of Caption George over 100 times, they still stop to look at it every time they past by it. This statue always finds a way to cache the eye of folks walking around passing by. This young lady Carla Duran says, "Even though I have seen it so many times, I always just stop and look at it for some reason, I don't know why, it doesn't change at all. I just like how he looks I guess. I'm not the only one though, my friends and family are like me. They stop by and look at it, even though they have seen it many times too." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo story of Talen Kiekhoefer and his basketball team Triple Threat

Weston Basl; A Chip On His Shoulder

week 2 forum