Hannah Kinniburgh






“Bird Hannah! Bird Hannah!” LBCC point guard Maddy Oakden yells out the play “Bird” to Hannah Kinniburgh, and the rest of the team. Both post players flash to the elbows, and Maddy Oakden passes the ball to Hannah Kinniburgh, who is on the left elbow. The other post sets Kinniburgh a screen, and Kinniburgh rubs right off that screen, and gets an easy right-hand layup, just how the coaches drew it up.







       

Hannah Kinniburgh is an 19-year-old freshman LBCC student athlete, who plays power forward for the LBCC women's basketball team. She is majoring in communications. Kinniburgh committed on June 11, 2018. She says, “I committed to LBCC because Maddy Oakden, my friend goes here, and I wanted to follow one of the previous players who went to my high school last year, and she plays basketball for LBCC.” Kinniburgh was very excited that she was going to have a chance to play with her friend, and follow in the footsteps of her ex high school teammate. However Hannah was sceptical on how her freshman year would be playing ball. “I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to see a lot of time on the court, so I knew I had to have an open mind to it, My goal was just to be able to improve as a player. I am happy that I reached my goal, and I’ve been able to improve as a player, but I am also I happy that I got to build a relationship with the other players on the team.”

Maddy Oakden says “ Hannah is a very mature, and trustworthy friend, and works very hard for what she wants. Jokingly, Oakden also says, “Also what I don’t like about her is, she can be a little judgmental sometimes, and she is overly sarcastic. So you have to know her pretty well to not get mad what she says at times.” Katlin Farris says, “ I think Hannah can be a standup comedian. She is a very funny human, and I feel I can always laugh at her, until the jokes on you. It can be pretty horrifying at times, but if you can deal with it, then you’re good.”

Kinniburgh is from Woodburn Oregon, and attended North Marion High School, and has played sports all her life. In high school she played not only basketball, but also played volleyball, and softball. She played basketball, and volleyball all four years in high school, however she didn’t play softball her senior year. “Basketball was definitely my favorite sport in high school, but I wish I did track in high school. I would’ve liked to compete in track events like discuss, and shot put.”

She also said that college is kind of different from her high school. “I went to a small school, and at my high school everyone knew everybody. It was a really close community and LBCC is ... just different, but not in a bad way. I have friends on the basketball team, but not really to close with other people in my classes,” she said.

Hannah Kinniburgh does something that would give other college student nightmares. She is a Caretaker, and works graveyard shifts from 10pm to 6am. She works at Brookdale and works everyday, except for the days she has a basketball game. She says “I like that I’m able to help residents, and get to hear their stories from them. What I do hate is being up all night. I barely get any sleep with work, and basketball.” With her crazy work and basketball schedule, you may wonder how does she find time to do any homework? She says that there are mandatory study halls that the basketball team has to attend on Mondays, Thursdays, and occasionally she will do her homework at work during her breaks.

Other than sports, there are a few other things that Hannah Kinniburgh likes to do for fun. She enjoys listening to music, her favorite types of music are rap, and R&B. Her favorite artists are Drake, Ella Mai, and J Cole. She loves to watch the show “Gossip Girl,” but what she loves to do the most is...sleep.





At a glance:

Hannah Kinniburgh

19-years-old

Communication Major

Caretaker at Brookdale Geary Street:2445 Southeast Geary Street, Albany, OR 97322

Instagram: Kinniburgh22


























































































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo story of Talen Kiekhoefer and his basketball team Triple Threat

Weston Basl; A Chip On His Shoulder

week 2 forum